|N E W S F E E D S >>>|
Caithness News Bulletins January 2003
SUSPECTED GAS LEAK- THURSO
As a precaution the unclassified Thurso to Shebster road was closed at a safe distance either side of the gasworks.
Police contained the scene until units of Highlands & Islands Fire Brigade and Transco Engineers could assess the situation.
It was discovered that the haze was as a result of a small quantity of gas which vented from the works as normal, but due to the cold weather and mild winds caused a haze to form.
At no time was there any danger to public safety.
About 1820 same date the road was re opened.