|N E W S F E E D S >>>|
Caithness News Bulletins June 2003
Rhind House Store In Wick Gutted By Fire
The building is used as a storeroom for the Education Department and was extensively damaged as a result of the fire. It is believed nothing of importance was stored in the building as records of any interest were kept in Rhind house itself and early records had been transferred to the North highland Archive at Wick Library. Old furniture and desks etc are not thought to have been of any value.
It is thought that the building may have to be demolished as the internal damage is too great. also the roof appears to be made of an asbestos type material and will require to be disposed of. Staff were in the course of making the necessary arrangements.
The building is ringed by low level barriers and is potentially dangerous. Parents are advised to keep children away from the site until it is cleared.
Enquiry into the cause of the fire
is ongoing and Police at Wick request that anyone with any information as
to the origins of the fire please contact them on;