|N E W S F E E D S >>>|
Standing Stones at Latheron
Standing stones were erected over a period, which may span 15 centuries; the earliest probably date from the 4th Millennium B.C. These standing stones together with the standing stone at Rangag further up along the Causewaymire road may be connected with the great oval of standing stones at Achkinloch, as they are approximately in line with its headstone and would have been used in worship or rough calendar making.1 The second standing stone was only entered in the Schedule of Monuments on 31 October 2000, the first having been recorded in 1933.
Latheronwheel Bridge Broch
1. Source: A History of the Latheron District (1970), Scottish Women’s Rural Institutes